Earlier this month I wrote this: mainstream media has been casting a much more skeptical eye and various lefty/green writers have either changed their minds or at least taking less strident anti stances and are willing to be a little more open-minded.
Then came Chipotle’s major announcement of their decision to jettison GMO “ingredients.” All of a sudden, the cracks in the dam widened. The media jumped all over Chipotle. Here a few examples:
- L.A. Times: Chipotle’s junk science on GMOS
- Washington Post: Chipotle’s GMO gimmick is hard to swallow
- Gizmodo: Chipotle’s Anti-GMO Stance Is Some Anti-Science Pandering Bullshit
- NPR: Why We Can’t Take Chipotle’s GMO Announcement All That Seriously
- Mother Jones: Chipotle Says It’s Getting Rid of GMOs. Here’s the Problem.
The GMO worm seems to be turning, slowly, but still changing direction. When sites like Gizmodo weigh in, something’s happening.
What’s good about it is that it may have an effect on the average Joe and Josefina, who only hear the loudest and the nuttiest .